FORUMS: list search recent posts

EDL Manager issues

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Waysdorf
EDL Manager issues
on Dec 18, 2012 at 5:41:11 pm

Howdy, because of the unbending power of the network deliverable, we still need to make EDLs for all of our final outputs before they go to online. Since upgrading from 4.5 to 6.5, this has become a very tricky endeavor. The "open bin" feature has not been able to work for us at all. When we load the sequence in to the EDL manager from the "get sequence" option, we get a variety of errors. The most common error is ""Bus error" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0", which causes the EDL manager to crash. If we get past it, we get a variety of "a serious program error has occured" messages. The most common of these is "25Ame_audiosettingsinterface", but we also get "assertionfailed: leftAnchorSource == rightAnchorSource" and "sLastIDAssigned > 0", and likely some others we failed to record. Sometimes, we are able to click continue and save the .edl, other times the error message persists until we force quit. Also, sometimes we will get through part of the .edl saving process (successfully save an edl for A1-4 and A5-8) but then when we go to load the next set of audio tracks (A9-12) it gives us an "invalid EDL" error and crashes the edl manager. Based on some research and trial and error, we now go through the sequence and remove all audio and video effects, as well as all titles and precomputes, and unmount our media drives so all footage is offline. This sometimes works for us, but it is still only about 50% effective. On one of our workstations we fully updated Avid and EDL manager but there was no change in the results. Is there any fool-proof way to output EDLs? I'd love to get a concrete workflow hammered out. Thank you!

TECH SPECS:
Avid MC6.5
EDL Manager 28.5.0
OSX 10.7.5
ISIS 5000 server
2x2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
12GB DDR3 RAM
30i (or 23.976p) NTSC 15:1 (14:1) sequences
Mixed formats (DVCPRO and HDV tape-based, monowav audio, Animation graphics (transcoded to 15:1 mxf), GoPro, 5/7D, EX3, C300, sometimes others)

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: EDL Manager issues
on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:10:37 pm

Did this work for you in earlier versions? Right now, EDL Manager doesn't recognize the bin as a valid file when opening, so I can't even see what the next problem might be. Have you brought this up with Avid support? I don't know how much love EDL Manager and FilmScribe get these days development wise, but the inability to create an EDL which is commonly used in DI's as well as you say, network deliverable make it a basic need of the system.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]