FORUMS: list search recent posts

29.97 to 24 conversion

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
krisztian majdik
29.97 to 24 conversion
on Dec 18, 2012 at 12:56:37 am

I am trying to figure out the best possible way/software to convert 29.97p to 24p with the least amount of motionblur

So far, I tried AVID. I imported the 29.97 footage into a 24fps project, changed the timewarp effect to fluidmotion (progressive to progressive) and the results were ok.

I also used a videocopilot tool in AE with great effect but insane rendertimes that are not feasible for this project.
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/fps.php

My next try will be with NUKE but I wanted to see if anyone knew a good method that doesn't require 2-4 hours rendertime for 2 minute of footage (I've got hours to convert for a very specific reason on a VFX project).

Thanks!

K

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: 29.97 to 24 conversion
on Dec 18, 2012 at 1:20:59 am

Two options: Insane render times, or insane cost. You can rent a Terranex and run your tapes through that, or you can use compressor / after effects to remap. If you use Compressor, turn on Frame Controls and turn rate conversion to "Better". You're still going to get high conversion times.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 18, 2012 at 1:56:19 am

If it's a large project over a period of time you may consider just buying one (Teranex that is):

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/teranex/

Michael

Return to posts index

Chris Williams
on Dec 18, 2012 at 5:52:21 am

I deal with this everyday at work. I use either compressor to change the frame rate or media encoder. We are always converting 29.97 go pros for import into avid 23.98 projects. Consider those programs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]