FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC> Resolve>MC Relinking Issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Farris
MC> Resolve>MC Relinking Issue
on Dec 17, 2012 at 2:04:23 am

Hi All,

I'm having a worflow issue I'm hoping someone can help with. I have tried to research as best I could before posting but have yet to come across an answer. I recently decided to move to Media Composer 6.5/ Davinci Resolve from FCP/ Color. I have been running multiple tests over the past 2 weeks to get a handle on workflow before embarking on an actual project.

Here is my setup to start

3.33GHZ 6 Core
24 GB Ram
OSX 10.8.2
Media Composer 6.5.0
Davinci Resolve Lite 9.0.4lite019

I have created a project in Media Composer with a bunch of AMA linked 4K Epic files. I edited a short 4 clip sequence and exported an AAF to Resolve. Everything works great. I grade the clips in resolve and render out mxf files. The mxf files come back into the avid file. I can not however get a sequence to link to the new files. I have exported an AAF from resolve and that comes into MC fine but it still links to the old files. Has anyone encountered this?

I'm pulling my hair out with the import/ relinking aspect of Media Composer. I have also been attempting to use the automatic duck FCP export plugin to send a sequence to Media Composer. Again the sequence comes in fine but I can not get it to link to the files associated with the sequence via AMA. Every time I attempt to relink it creates a new clip in the bin with the same clip name but doesn't connect it to the sequence.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Joseph Farris
Director of Photograhy
Visions of Light, Inc.
http://www.visionsoflightinc.com

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: MC> Resolve>MC Relinking Issue
on Dec 17, 2012 at 3:34:24 am

Give this a read:
http://www.avid.com/static/resources/documents/whitepapers/digital_camera/d...

When you AMA, the sources are tracked in "Source File". When it comes out of Resolve, the sources are now tracked on "Tape."

You will also notice a difference in file name for spanned RED files where AMA will display the _001 and it won't be there from Resolve. I really wish Avid would fix this in the AMA R3D plug-in...

But that being said, v6.5 allows you to relink between Tape and Source File and allow you to ignore the _001 in the process. You will do this with a "relink to selected" and setting up the parameters correctly. There may be a video on avid.com, or read the what's new for these features.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]