FORUMS: list search recent posts

DPX Proxies Master Clip Frame Counter

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Gaumond
DPX Proxies Master Clip Frame Counter
on Dec 15, 2012 at 7:25:11 pm

I have some (at least 500 000 frames) 35mm 4k dpx files from Technicolor. I created a lighter proxy version for easy transfers and faster working (DNxHD 175x).
I am looking for a way to have a frame counter that would almost mirror the dpx file names which have global frame numbers in the title.

I have them setup in avid in labrolls with a timecode for each.
labroll 1 would be frame 1 through 40 000... then labroll 2 would be 40 001 and so on.

Is there a way to have a frame counter overlay to display frame numbers. So far I cant get the frame counters to refer back to the proxies rolls' data, it seems to stay in sequence frame numbers. If the shot were to change there should be a frame jump.

This would simply be so I can quickly look up certain dpx files without needing to go through a whole batch...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: DPX Proxies Master Clip Frame Counter
on Dec 15, 2012 at 9:28:50 pm

There are two columns that count as frames; DPX and VFX. Both of them use the following syntax:

filename-framecount

where filename can be up to 32 alphanumeric and frame count can be up to 7 digits. In your example, it would be:

labrollname-0000000 or labrollname-0000001 depending on a zero or one frame start count. Once entered, then you can add that as a counter with the timecode generator effect.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]