FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange audio sync issue Media Composer 6.03

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Baudhuin
Strange audio sync issue Media Composer 6.03
on Dec 5, 2012 at 8:11:24 pm

So I'm having a really weird error in Avid and I wanted to see if anyone has had anything similar happen, here's the rundown:

So I'm syncing footage from RED Epic, and some is shot 48fps and multi cameras...there is sound w/ these clips so in order to sync what I did was just drop a 200% speed increase to get the footage to play normal speed that way the audio would match...I then auto synced that clip to create a new subclip w/ the 48fps speed up to normal w/ synced audio. So all that is working beautifully, and I hadn't had any problems until today.

I'm having to make stringouts of this footage to send to the studio execs and when I'm cutting this 48fps footage into a sequence, the audio all of a sudden is totally out of sync or nothing plays at all. I've looked at the waveforms and there is definitely audio. When I match back to the source, the clip is perfectly in sync. Also when I scrub the clip in the timeline it's in sync, however when I play it in real time they're either totally out of sync or no audio plays at all. Also when I did quick test exports of pieces of these clips that wouldn't play audio, the quicktime plays in sync. I've tried cutting individual clips into new seqs and those will play ok...but when I start to cut in more than say 3-4 clips they start to error again and audio gets funky. I''ve restarted/rebooted/re installed Avid and it's not helping. I'm running Media Composer 6.03 software only version. I wanted to see if anyone had any insights or has ever had this happen to them before. Any info would be a lifesaver.

Thanks!
Ben

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Strange audio sync issue Media Composer 6.03
on Dec 5, 2012 at 8:35:34 pm

Are AMA'ing the red footage, or have you transcoded it?

Is it possible that your machine isn't strong enough to handle a large timeline of AMA'd footage, with seperate audio? You say you are on software only version, so without any kind of help with the processing, i wonder if thats the problem.

You didn't give us your system specs.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Ben Baudhuin
on Dec 5, 2012 at 9:16:14 pm

Hi Glenn,

Sorry, no the footage isn't AMA...it's transcoded to MXF via RED Cine and then AAF's are imported to link back to the MXF media.

Computer specs are as follows:

HP PC running Windows 7, service pack 1
Intel Xeon w5580 @ 3.20ghz 3.19GHZ (2 processors)
64 bit operating system.

I'm a little windows illiterate so if there are more specs you need let me know.

Also just downloaded the 6.03.2 patch from avid...no help there.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ben

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 8, 2012 at 5:07:13 pm

Unfortunately, i was hoping for the other answer...it would have been easier to say that is your problem.

I have done quite a bit of RedCine to mxf into MC as you are doing...even using an external wave soundtrack for my audio, and have never had the sync issue you are describing.

sorry can't be of more help.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]