FORUMS: list search recent posts

SearchData Folders

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Paez
SearchData Folders
on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:25:51 pm

On larger projects I've grown real tired of folders that Avid generates automatically with a specific computer name that has accessed a project and inside a searchdata folder resides, which doesn't seem to contain a thing.

Earlier I've put a + in front of the bin that actually had something to do with the project to make the appear at the top.

Is there any way to avoid these automatic folders. Does this have anything to do with a project being created as an external or shared project? I'm working on an ISIS network.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: SearchData Folders
on Nov 27, 2012 at 6:10:37 pm

Those folders contain the search database file for both the "Find" and "PhraseFind" search features. With v6.5, you have the ability to change the location of those folders to a directory of your choice. It's a tab in the "Find" UI.

Find is for bin metadata, and for the most part is a smaller collection depending on the number of bins and columns of metadata. If you purchased the PhraseFind option, then that folder can get much larger - roughly 5MB for every 1 hour of audio media (whether there is video or not).

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]