FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synchronize User Settings

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Paez
Synchronize User Settings
on Nov 26, 2012 at 7:58:57 pm

I have my user settings on an ISIS network drive. The reason for this is that I switch computers at my work so I've been trying to have a common place for my user settings so that I always have them at hand.

The problem is that I thought that if you imported the settings from that location, Avid would automatically sync my changes to that location so that I don't have to update the settings on the other computers. But it doesn't. I then thought that the function "update user setting" would to this for me, but that is apparently just a way to update your user settings if they are from an old version of Avid.

Is there any way to make this work seamlessly or do I really have to delete the user settings from the other computers if I know I've made any changes?

I don't make many changes to my keyboard layout anymore so at some point this won't matter, but I was just wondering if anybody has been able to make it work.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Synchronize User Settings
on Nov 26, 2012 at 9:52:11 pm

It used to work on 5.5 - I haven't had it work on 6.0.3 - I think it is a bug.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Adam Paez
Re: Synchronize User Settings
on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:54:41 am

I am using Avid 5, but no always the 5.5 version. I guess we will just have to live with the bug. Unbelievable that a thing like user settings can still be buggy. That stuff should just work without a hassle.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]