FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easiest and fastest way to offline a whole project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederic Lumiere
Easiest and fastest way to offline a whole project
on Nov 26, 2012 at 1:02:08 am

What is the easiest and fastest way to offline a whole project?

I have hours of footage in Dnx175 in bins, etc... that I would like to offline to a lower nitrate codec (Dnx115).

Is there a way to offline the whole project without having to select every clip to transcode?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Easiest and fastest way to offline a whole project
on Nov 26, 2012 at 2:50:10 am

I would question the need to create 115 from 175 as you are not getting that much storage savings. It only a 35% savings. If you were going to DNxHD 36, then I could see the reason. What happens to the 175 media? Is it being moved off the system?

There is no transcode project command - you could open the MediaTool and find all the clips associated with your project, drag them to a single bin, select all, then transcode.

Michael

Return to posts index

Frederic Lumiere
on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:08:16 am

Hi Michael,

Thanks so such for such great advice! Yes, I'm going to DNxHD 36.

Best,

F

Return to posts index

Frederic Lumiere
on Nov 28, 2012 at 2:32:27 pm

[Michael Phillips] "There is no transcode project command - you could open the MediaTool and find all the clips associated with your project, drag them to a single bin, select all, then transcode. "

OK so I did that. Took 3 days to transcode... Now I have 500 GB of Apple Prores Proxy and somehow it refuses to reconnect to the clips in the project... It seems that I tried about every reconnect option (vers. 6.5) any ideas?

It succeeded at reconnecting a bunch once on one machine but now I can't make it happen on the laptop.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 28, 2012 at 3:44:27 pm

Once the transcode was done, you should have a set of .new clips. Those are linked to the newly created ProRes files. If you need to relink existing sequences to the new media, select both the sequence(s) and all the new media and do a "relink to selected" from within the relink settings window.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]