FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID Media Tool Issues

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Bauer
AVID Media Tool Issues
on Nov 25, 2012 at 3:10:28 am

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a low budget feature film as the on set editor for almost a month and today I noticed something strange with the files in the media tool.

Yesterday I was looking through the AVID media tool to make sure that all the imported files were renamed and color labeled. Up until today, all the renamed files in the bins, were reflected exactly in the media tool.

When I came in today and booted up avid, I looked in the media tool and now all of a sudden all the files reverted to their original MXF files naming convention, and the color label reverted back to none. Now if I go to any of my bins, the information and color label is retained, but the media tool doesn't show any of this information.

EX: One original file was named B129_C002A0195C50002. I renamed the clip in the bin to match the scene number, take, and camera : 45A_01_B. Then I added a green color label and this information, until today, was always perfected reflected in the media tool. Now when I open the media tool, the footage has reverted back to B129_C002A0195C50002. Everything named in the bin is the same, but in the media tool, it looks the same as it did before I ever did any work.

For some reason, some of the files retained the info, but more than 90% of the clips changed back into their original MXF file name.

How can I get all the renamed clip info to reflect back into the media tool? I was using it to make sure that every file got imported, named and labeled.

The original files were RED MX files (.r3d), opened and transcoded in REDCINE-X to DNxHD 36. The files were then moved to the MXF >1 folder and in AVID, I imported the AAF files into the appropriate bin, imported the .ale to link up the video with the audio. Everything was working perfectly until today. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thank you!

I'm working in AVID Media Composer 6.5 on the Mac and running a 2 X 3.2 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon w/ 10GB RAM.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bauer
Re: AVID Media Tool Issues
on Nov 25, 2012 at 3:25:45 am

Okay, so despite restarting the computer twice and no results before posting this problem, for some reason after restarting for the 3rd time, now everything is back to normal...

I'm completely baffled but I'll take a win when I can get it.

- Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeff Bauer
Re: AVID Media Tool Issues
on Nov 25, 2012 at 3:26:02 am

EDIT: Accidental Repost.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]