FORUMS: list search recent posts

mp4 playback/audition and work flow

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
mp4 playback/audition and work flow
on Nov 20, 2012 at 4:23:48 pm

Since I anticipate more jobs using YouTube mp4 clips, I'd like to improve my Avid workflow. By that I mean I'l like to AMA link to mp4's I've downloaded from YT and browse/audition them within in MC. These HD clips typically play nicely in Qt Pro player, but they play really poorly in recent versions of MC (5 & 6) running both on a 3yr old MacBook Pro and (why not) a new Mac Mini. The media disc is a 7200prm G-Drive. Clips will playback for a few sec than stall. FCP 7 seems better.

Before I start transcoding "keepers" I'd like to do my browsing/selects within MC, am I being unreasonable or missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: mp4 playback/audition and work flow
on Nov 20, 2012 at 8:38:54 pm

Preview in MPEG STREAMCLIP...convert in there to Avid Media then import into Avid.

But personally, I wouldn't use Avid for this, if YouTube is your source. Adobe Premiere edits this stuff natively, without conversion.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:42:28 pm

Thanks Shane, do people sue Compressor to convert to Avid media? (to be able to set up batches)

Paul

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 21, 2012 at 12:02:28 am

You can. Just need to use a ProRes setting, and then change the encoder to and Avid codec. I guess you can review in there too.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]