FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading Media Composer from analog audio to digital

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Stephens
Upgrading Media Composer from analog audio to digital
on Nov 16, 2012 at 6:28:47 pm

We have upgraded our AVID Media Composer systems from Adrenaline SD to AJA based HD. As a P2 based shop our need for I/O is very limited. But now we want to bring our audio chain into the modern world and retire our 15 year old analog Mackie boards. Our needs are limited with an occasional audio VO session and maybe some other analog audio source. Plus edit monitoring and occasional clients sitting in on a VO session and expecting the full audio studio experience.

We spend a lot of time doing audio post on our long form video work and would love to get into a ontrol surface. Artist Series ?

Any thoughts on small digital boards that would support our I/O needs ? You would think AVID /Pro Tools would offer an better hardware/digital I/O solution to work with Media Composer.

Return to posts index

David Budnetz
Re: Upgrading Media Composer from analog audio to digital
on Nov 19, 2012 at 4:37:51 pm

What model AJA interfaces are you using? You may not need to use an external device at all. In many cases, people are moving to using small audio patchbays or hard-wiring your inputs in conjuction with an audio monitoring controller such as a presonus central station+, or a mackie big knob.

The artist series controllers are very useful if you do a lot of audio automation or you are looking to get away from manual audio keyframing. Keep in mind that they do not actually pass audio, and cannot be used for I/O.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]