FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preserving file metadata throughout diffreent editing softwares

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Norton
Preserving file metadata throughout diffreent editing softwares
on Nov 13, 2012 at 1:48:33 pm

Dear gurus,

you probably already figured out a workaround that enables you to preserve a metadata in files which could be used in different editors. If that's the case, could you please share with me your solution.

I am working in Avid MC 6.5 and my counterpart is doing some work with the same footage in Adobe AE and Premiere (CS6). Sharing sequences is not a porblem using AAF but the work we do is not always the same so each of us would very much like to have files with all comments/ratings being available upon import to each of the softwares independently.

Would it be possible to edit files metadata once and for all and then use is when importing to Avid and Adobe. Is there a 3rd party software which would satisfy meta requirements of both softwares?

P.S. We are working with EXCAM EX footage being packed into MPX using Sony EXCAM browser. In Avid it's linked through AMA (should that make the difference).

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Preserving file metadata throughout diffreent editing softwares
on Nov 13, 2012 at 10:52:33 pm

If Prelude or PPro can export an ALE file, or even a TAB delimited file, you could do a metadata merge in Media Composer. Media Composer can export an ALE or TAB file, but I am not familiar whether PPro can import that file in any meaningful way.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]