FORUMS: list search recent posts

Show Mono Audio Metadata in Timeline?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
Show Mono Audio Metadata in Timeline?
on Nov 12, 2012 at 6:49:40 pm

Was given monphonic BWF from set, with the track information regarding audio channel assignments coming in through the TAPE ID column. Obviously this cannot be autosequenced since all channels are on A1, so we have autosynced everything, but now the clips labels in the timeline are all obviously incorrect. Any way to show the track name? I've tried duplicating TAPE ID into the names column and using all the clip text options but nothing seems to work. Seems like an avid limitation.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Show Mono Audio Metadata in Timeline?
on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:09:16 pm

Are the individual tracks from each take part of the import? There is support to bring in multitrack monophonic as a single clip with multiple tracks. I don't think monophonic respects original track once imported which is what you're seeing when importing and preserving monophonic files individually.

I would need to get my hands on a sample file (all tracks) to see what can be done. You should be able to marry then into a polyphonic with Wave Agent first as a possible workaround.

Michael

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:16:23 pm

Yes the individual tracks are part of the import. I'm just importing all the bwf files together, and I have tried selecting the option in the import settings for "auto detect mono bwf groups" but it doesn't do anything. I agree with you on the mono not respecting original track, everything is on A1. I am going to try Wave Agent.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 12, 2012 at 9:05:32 pm

There have been a few issues with mono files a you have seen - if I had a sample set of files to play with, I may see if there is another workaround, but I think Wave Agent should be able to get you where you need to go.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]