FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Unsqueeze clips to 4:3 or remove 16:9 pillars ?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosie Walunas
How to Unsqueeze clips to 4:3 or remove 16:9 pillars ?
on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:41:39 pm

Made a novice mistake bringing in footage and hoping to learn from it...

I linked via AMA to some 30i QuickTime clips. They were of various and odd frame rates (old consumer camera media). The clips were 4:3 and I didn't notice that my project Format was set to 16:9.

When I Converted (to conform the frame rate) the 4:3 clips, they came in with pillars in a 16:9 frame. (This is great if I ever bring old 4;3 archive into an HD project.) Obviously this took some time and I could redo the process, but I want to know if there is a way to fix this.

I tried changing the Format to 4:3, but it just squeezes the already 4:3 image narrower.

How can this be fixed?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: How to Unsqueeze clips to 4:3 or remove 16:9 pillars ?
on Nov 6, 2012 at 1:16:44 pm

Add the "reformat" column to your bin. Hilight all clips that you want to adjust and right click in that column. It is a menu with different aspect ratio controls. Pick the one that you want.

For sequences that already have these clips included, with sequence/timeline active in record side window, go to clip menu (and I'm trying to remember menu item off the top of my head), select sequence, update sequence or something to that effect and update aspect ration from secondary menu.

Michael

Return to posts index

Rosie Walunas
Re: How to Unsqueeze clips to 4:3 or remove 16:9 pillars ?
on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:44:45 pm

Great. Thank you.

- Add Reformat column > choose the desired size

- Activate Sequence > Clip menu > Refresh Sequence

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]