FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV from HVR-MRC1 time code problem with Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hyunsoo Moon
HDV from HVR-MRC1 time code problem with Avid
on Nov 2, 2012 at 4:30:59 am

Hey guys, I'm importing 23.976 HDV m2t files into the Avid 5.5.3 via Fast import into the 23.976 project. However, the time code base for the HDV clips are 30 frames for some reason. I can tell when I scroll through the clip the frame number goes up to 29. So it gets really screwy when I subclip & group them with other 23.976 clips. Anyone know why the Avid would read what is clearly a 23.976 footage with 30 frame time code? Here are some of the things I've tried.

-I have been bringing in the footage through the Sony Recording Unit Utility so it stitches up all my m2t files.

-I have tried importing the footage at both SD project setting and HD project setting. (I know when we bring in audio files you have to bring it in with HD project setting in order to conform it to the 23.976 time code.

-When I bring the footage into Adobe Premiere, it reads it properly reads the m2t file timecode as 23.976.

-The only work around I've found is to transcode the footage in Adobe Media Encoder as MXF Op1a with XDCAM 50 24p and then import the MXF into the Avid.

Here are my specs:

Sony Z5U with HVR-MRC1 shooting at HDV 23.976 1080p

HPZ400 with Windows 7, Dual Intel Xeon 3.07 Ghz, 6 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800,

Avid 5.5.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]