FORUMS: list search recent posts

Effect Editor - Paint effect - Can't edit

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosie Walunas
Effect Editor - Paint effect - Can't edit
on Oct 31, 2012 at 5:45:37 pm

I've made a simple vignette using the paint effect and I can't seem to get back into the Effect Editor to make changes. I have some color grading, which I can gain access to, but when I open the Effect Editor to try and make changes to my vignette, I can't make changes. Just the Paint icon is visible. And when I look at the Paint effect editor, it appears fresh as if I don't have any effects.

I'm on MC 5.

I'm sure there is an obvious answer...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ron Dylewski
Re: Effect Editor - Paint effect - Can't edit
on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:22:39 pm

If it's a nested effect, are you on the correct track? When you get to the track with the Paint effect, did you actually "activate" the paint effect by selecting the vignette you made?

Ron

Return to posts index

Rosie Walunas
on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:47:41 pm

Hm. I think I got it. But what I needed to do was open it in Effect Editor then click the arrow / Selection Tool in there, then click the vignette or solid layer I created in the record monitor to edit the effect. Although, that seems a bit wonky and slow because, what if I have so many layers that it becomes difficult to select one in the record monitor, thus not being able to edit the Paint layers?

Anything else I'm missing?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Ron Dylewski
on Oct 31, 2012 at 7:44:10 pm

Not exactly sure what you mean by "so many layers?" Do you mean actual tracks of footage or graphics, or do you mean the "layers" of nested effects? Do you know about "stepping in" and "stepping out" of those effects with the up/down arrow?

Ron

Photos, news, memories and musings on the great American Roadside experience
http://www.theamericanroadside.com

Snarky daily political and pop culture satire!
http://mytabloids.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Rosie Walunas
on Oct 31, 2012 at 7:50:30 pm

What I mean is on the Paint effect layer, which yes is only one layer in the tracks, but in the Record monitor I made a rectangle shape over my video, then put a oval erase shape to reveal the first layer of video, then I feathered that. In order to edit any of these items I created, I have to click the arrow/Selection Tool then click in the Record monitor on one of those items - the rectangle or the oval - then it allows me to make changes. Is this right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]