FORUMS: list search recent posts

video tracks and the aren't in the right order

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antony Christie
video tracks and the aren't in the right order
on Oct 31, 2012 at 1:46:10 pm

I'm adding video tracks and the aren't in the right order. I'm all right up to 5, then it adds 6, 7 and 8 in between 3 and 4, which is screwing up the layering.

Searched for this but surprisingly no one else is suffering from same thing. I hope that it's just me doing something stupid!

Anyone no why it might be happening???

Kind regs
toe-knee

2 x Sony NEX-FS100E's
Mac Pro (early 2009) 2 x 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processors, 12GB of 1066MHz DDR3 ECC memory, 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB GDDR3 memory. Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4.
Avid Media Composer 6.0.1, Pro Tools 10,

Return to posts index

James Patterson
Re: video tracks and the aren't in the right order
on Oct 31, 2012 at 3:24:02 pm

If you hold alt you can grab a track and rearrange it manually.

Have you moved any of the tracks manually and renamed or deleted them? If you move V1 to the top any new tracks will be created underneath. Create a new sequence and try to add tracks if they add normally then I that's probably what has happened.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 1, 2012 at 7:00:07 pm

Remember moving tracks up and down doesn't fix your layering problem...at some point you moved a track up or down within your timeline, but that doesn't change its heirarchy. First track made will always be on the bottom of the layers. If you have 10 tracks, and you delete tracks 3 and 4... then decide later to add more tracks, it is going to give you back a 3 and a 4. Putting those on top of track 10 doesn't make that tracks layer be above track 10. Best way to move items up or down the timeline is to create a new track that is above everyone else, and move the clips from the lower track up to the newer track

Glenn

Return to posts index

Antony Christie
on Nov 1, 2012 at 8:27:38 pm

Thank you both Paddy and Glen

However, the problem I have is when I make a new sequence and press cmd+y, it adds 2, 3, 4, 5 then 6, 7, 8 between 3 and 4 every time. It's confusing too, because the tracks are their right number order even if in the wrong order (I think) if that makes sense?

Paddy's post helped fix the problem but it's still a pain to have to do it each time.

2 x Sony NEX-FS100E's
Mac Pro (early 2009) 2 x 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processors, 12GB of 1066MHz DDR3 ECC memory, 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB GDDR3 memory. Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 2, 2012 at 1:42:42 pm

If this is happening on a brand new, fresh fresh sequence you might want to create a new user profile to see if something is corrupt in your profile. I don't think i've ever seen that happen on a new sequence, and can't off the top of my head think of a setting that would cause it to happen. (is there an alt key command that would trigger an "insert video track here" command? Not that i'm aware of.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Antony Christie
on Nov 2, 2012 at 1:54:52 pm

Ok, thanks Glen. Planning to get a solid state main hard drive so will be reinstalling all software soon; hopefully that'll stop my AMC crashing all of the time and fix this issue too.

Thanks for your help
toe-knee

2 x Sony NEX-FS100E's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]