FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feet & Frame Measuring in Media Composer - non film project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew thompson
Feet & Frame Measuring in Media Composer - non film project
on Oct 30, 2012 at 11:03:37 pm

I'd like to take some measurements in feet&frames but can't seem to get that info to register in the timecode tool. Does anyone know why that would be happening? We shot on Arri Alexa and our project is 23.976 ... Media Composer 6.0.3.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Feet & Frame Measuring in Media Composer - non film project
on Oct 30, 2012 at 11:45:48 pm

Strange that you can see the footage as a ruler option above the sequence monitor, but only displays timecode. I thought you had to be in a film-based project to get the additional footage and frame rulers. There was some effort a few years back to eliminate the major diffrences between film based projects and video, but it looks like it was never completed - and in this case (v6.5) the menu is misleading.

Michael

Return to posts index

andrew thompson
on Oct 31, 2012 at 1:40:06 am

Hi Phillip,

I can see the ruler you're referring to which is useful for finding a specific spot but not so much for finding in to out durations.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 31, 2012 at 1:56:27 am

If you track feet + frames as the top timecode viewer above the record monitor, and you have "center duation" enabled in composer UI settings, you can toggle through timecode, feet+frames, and frames as needed by clicking in the window.

Michael

Return to posts index

andrew thompson
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:08:23 am

I've tried to track feet + frames in the timecode viewer on the record monitor, but when I select "35.4" the data registers in timecode only, not foot and frame like one would expect.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:18:54 am

Right - that's what I mentioned in my original post, that despite allowing footage to be selected, it still only shows timecode. This is either a bug or a feature that shouldn't be there.

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:20:25 am

You should be able to open that bin in a film based project and have access to those counts.

I always make film projects, even for my file based projects so I can have access to frame based, footage based, as well as 1/4 frame resync for audio when needed.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]