FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving from FCP to MC 6.5, trying to relink 'ducked' sequence

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli Bierwag
Moving from FCP to MC 6.5, trying to relink 'ducked' sequence
on Oct 30, 2012 at 5:32:01 pm

The medium sized company I work for is making the switch to Avid MC6.5 from FCP 7.
I have been (reluctantly) tasked with attempting to 'duck' an old project from FCP to Avid MC 6.5.
I had no problem with exporting the sequence (other than finding out about MC's weird, seemingly arbitrary audio track limitation), but naturally when I import the .AAF into MC it is all media offline.

Before I got my hands on this project, another editor media managed this entire sequence, then transcoded all the footage to DNX145. I have the original ProRes footage on an external hard drive, and the DnX145 footage on a facilis shared storage volume.
I had decent luck using the AMA workflow to relink the sequence to the original ProRes footage on the external drive (about 80% of the clips reconnected). I did this by linking to the AMA volume, and then relinking the sequence to the AMA clips bin.
But I have run in to a wall trying to relink to the DnX145 footage on our Facilis. I think the problem lies in the fact that when doing an AMA relink you can 'trick' Avid into seeing the folder structure through the 'link to AMA volume' option. But when trying to relink footage to the DnX145, shouldn't I be able to use plain old 'relink' rather than the AMA workflow?
Is this a media database issue? If so, how do I take a folder full of media associated with this sequence and get it databased?
I worked with Avid using Unity for several years...but after just one year with FCP at my new job, with its simple drag and drop, folder based reconnection, etc, I feel so lost in Avid.
Oh how I miss being able to simply right click on a clip and reconnect it. Please help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]