FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid and Redcine X- Re framed shots not coming back after Uprez

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
Avid and Redcine X- Re framed shots not coming back after Uprez
on Oct 28, 2012 at 2:19:44 am

Hi Guys,

Cutting a short, using Redcine-X as my transfer tool, RED EPIC footage, Avid 5.5. Throughout the edit process we reframed a bunch of shots in Redcine-X, and we're now uprezing from Dnx36 to Dnx 175. Those 'reframed' shots are not coming back as reframed, but as the original. What I do is send a File 16 EDL, import in Redcine X, transcode the 'sequence' to Dnx175X, and then move the .mxf files into the avid media files folder, and then import the AAF and ALE and it all relinks dandy. What am I doing wrong? How do I bring that reframed info back into Avid?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid and Redcine X- Re framed shots not coming back after Uprez
on Oct 28, 2012 at 5:16:44 pm

Sounds like more if a RedCine X Pro issue than Media Composer. Do the R3D clips in RedCine X Pro still have the reframing metadata applied?

Michael

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
Re: Avid and Redcine X- Re framed shots not coming back after Uprez
on Oct 29, 2012 at 1:56:37 am

It is definitely not a media composer issue. I went ahead and scrubbed through the timeline in REDCINE X with the linked material from the EDL. What I'm guessing is that any clips that I did not bring in the ALE on is what is causing this. As I view them in redline X, some of the reframed clips have the reframe window, and some do not. At the beginning of the project we had the iMac that all the AAFs/ALEs from REDCINE on the desktop, and that mac died unexpectedly. I'm guessing that some of the ALEs didn't get brought back in. I'm going to test to make sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]