FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unlink and link video and audio

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosie Walunas
Unlink and link video and audio
on Oct 26, 2012 at 12:34:34 am

Coming from an FCP background where I can click a button to be able to move video clips around without their associated audio. Is there some way to do this in Avid?

For example, I have some verite footage and I want to layer and rearrange some video and leave the audio in place. Every time I click the footage I want to move, the audio highlights and comes along for the ride, which is not what I want to happen. To prevent this I deselect the audio tracks but this is really slowing me down, and every time I click another video clip, the associated audio highlights again and comes along for the ride.

Are their solutions that will help speed me up?

I saw this post, but it doesn't really help me: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/45/1529

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Unlink and link video and audio
on Oct 26, 2012 at 11:09:36 am

Avid added a link audio and video button to the smart tool palette. Uncheck it. I'd show you a screenshot of the button but I'm not in front of a system right now. I'll try to post a screen shot later if you don't find it.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Rosie Walunas
on Oct 26, 2012 at 2:49:32 pm

Thanks. So obvious now that I know where the button is... "Link Selection Toggle." Three bars that look like they're patched together.

Video for other newbies:

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Dave Berenbaum
on Oct 26, 2012 at 10:29:09 pm

On the left hand side of your timeline are the smart tools. The box with the 3 bars (above the red arrow) is the link selection toggle. Deselect this and you will be able to select individual clips on the timeline and move them around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]