FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grouped clips missing from transcode

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Paez
Grouped clips missing from transcode
on Oct 22, 2012 at 5:17:00 pm

I just did a transcode of a few sequences. The reason for this is that the people that wanted them wishes to get them in a specific resolution which was DNXHD 185x. So I did a transcode but the grouped clips from the original sequence are offline on the drive that I put them on. I copied the bin with the transcoded sequences to another drive and I opened it in a new project. Before doing all this I tried to see if anything was offline from the original sequenes but everything was fine.

What is the best way to move forward? Should I use Set Bin Display-Show Reference clips and do some sort of export/mixdown of these clips? Also a lot of the graphics are also offline. Maybe Avid doesn't move the graphics because they are not masterclips? The audio was also offline but maybe this was because I need to tell it to convert the audio to another sample rate or similar to make it move everything.

I can't believe that it's so difficult to move a completely online sequence from one hard drive to another.

Can you recommend some smart way of doing this?

Adam

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Grouped clips missing from transcode
on Oct 23, 2012 at 12:18:57 am

Had a major problem with this on MC 5.03 last year.

Realized certain codecs would not transcode in a mixed timeline.

Basically, using "Show Reference Clips" I was able to identify the clips that were not transcoded and did them one by one. Something tar should have been way became an all nighter.

Return to posts index

Adam Paez
on Oct 23, 2012 at 6:12:19 am

I was told to try to consolidate instead and I did but there are still certain clips that are omitted for some reason.

What can I do? Maybe connect the disc that has the original avid mediafiles and do a Batch Import or something? Maybe doing a mixdown from the original sequence of the parts that I am missing? Wouldn't take that long but I find it hard to believe that the consolidation feature works so poorly in Avid 5.5.3.

Return to posts index

Adam Paez
on Oct 23, 2012 at 12:00:31 pm

I found the solution to be to just consolidate once again and remember to have the same settings as before. And also check the "skip media already at destination drive". When I did this everything was moved. I guess sometimes Avid won't move everything. But just keep consolidating until it gets it done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]