FORUMS: list search recent posts

Phantom Bin Issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Isham
Phantom Bin Issue
on Oct 19, 2012 at 9:22:53 am

I'm working on Avid Media Composer 6.0.3.11 and have been having some weird issues on select projects.

When I open the project it will randomly begin to open what we have been calling a "phantom bin" is create, saved, closes, then opens again and repeats for xxxx amount of minutes/times. (take your best guess it still applies) Preventing you from being able to work in the project until it has finished cycling or doing whatever it is that it is doing.

Some troubleshooting that we have tried or thought might be causing it is an esata drive that we AMAing from - we switch these out regularly as it is what we are storing our footage on.

We have also tried hold down command when opening the project to keep all bins from opening, but it reverts back to the "phantom bin" extravaganza.

We've tried multiple computers. Computers without the esata drive seems to be able to open the projects.

Our system is the latest Mac Pro computers running Mac OS X 10.7.4

Avid Media Composer 6.0.3.11
ISIS network drive

Workflow:
Link to AMA
Transcode to HD 220x (for online)
Transcode to 10:1m (for offline)

Thanks for your help.

Jared Isham
Stage Ham
http://www.stgham.com
http://www.jaredisham.com
film. video. web media

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Phantom Bin Issue
on Oct 19, 2012 at 1:19:16 pm

This is the system relinking your AMA footage. I think it's normal.

Reason #110 why not to do a full blown edit with AMA footage.

AMA is great for previewing and organizing, but to edit anything other than something short and quick...is not a good idea.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Phantom Bin Issue
on Oct 21, 2012 at 1:53:09 am

Sorry. I did not give a great answer there. I should have read your post more thoroughly.

I should add, I have seen this issue on eSATA, on Windows. Wasn't a big deal, as it was not a huge amount of footage relinking. Not seen this on my personal system, which is Mac.

Are you Mac or Windows?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]