FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Cine X converted footage. can't get into avid mc

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Sacharoff
Red Cine X converted footage. can't get into avid mc
on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:33:06 pm

I converted r3d raw footage to DNxHD 175 10 bit mxf/aaf. It is in a folder on my external hard drive. How do I properly import them into AVID MC6? I tried earlier by putting the mxfs into the avid mediafiles folder and ended up accidentally deleting them. Should i just be able to drag them in? help

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Red Cine X converted footage. can't get into avid mc
on Oct 16, 2012 at 9:39:05 pm

You cannot put them into the MXF folder...doesn't work that way. That only works with MXF files, but even then, they don't appear in the bins.

You IMPORT them. Or drag them into a bin. First check your Media Creation settings to make sure it's set to DNxHD175 or 175x. This is called a FAST IMPORT and will simply convert the files from QT to MXF.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Red Cine X converted footage. can't get into avid mc
on Oct 17, 2012 at 4:01:59 am

Drag MXF files into the Avid MediaFiles>MXF>1 or other numbered folder. Launch Media Composer, open project, open bin. File import the AAF file that was created automatically as part of the transcode. It will link automatically to the media. Should you need the additional metadata from the ALE file (also created at the same time), then highlight all the clips, do a file import, set import options for shot log to "merge based on known sources", select ALE, done.

Video on all of this at http://www.avid.com/red

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]