FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multigroup camera bank switching

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrique Sanchez
Multigroup camera bank switching
on Oct 16, 2012 at 7:03:18 pm

Hello. After I multi-group some footage and I hit play, whenever a camera starts or stops, the active angle switches to the top left square. So I can't lock down A cam to bank 1 and B cam to bank 2 like with a normal group.

This was working for me just fine before when it was just 2 cameras. Now I'm having to include separately recorded audio to sync with the 2 cameras so now the multi-group camera angles are switching banks. Why would the addition of the audio be causing the camera angles to switch? Is there a setting, workaround, or something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Multigroup camera bank switching
on Oct 17, 2012 at 8:38:12 am

Above the source monitor is the multicam menu and in there you can specifiy what follows what. I suspect the audio is selected and is forcing it to default to a camera with audio.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

Enrique Sanchez
Re: Multigroup camera bank switching
on Oct 17, 2012 at 7:24:18 pm

Hi Pat. Thanks for the response. I checked the menu and "audio follows video" is not selected. The weird thing is the cameras only shifts about 3 times during the multi-group, then it continues on as a normal group should with the cameras locked down to their proper windows.
I think it changes once one of the main cameras stops shooting for the first time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]