FORUMS: list search recent posts

Symphony stuck on Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank Raposo
Symphony stuck on Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager.
on Oct 16, 2012 at 10:22:43 am

I can't get my Symphony 6.0.3 to open on my iMac running Lion10.7.4 3.4 Intel Core i7 16 GB. It just freezes there until I get a warning that says "Invalid File Name." I just installed it and it opened but it didn't see my project. When I tried double clicking on the project, Symphony just got hung up on that portion of the startup. It just hangs there until I get the error message. I've tried opening other projects this way and I get the same problem. If I start Symphony by double clicking, I now also get the same problem. I just had it open. I don't understand why it would open one time and now it won't.

I initially had it installed on my Macbook Pro temporarily while my iMac was getting a new video card put in. Since my iMac died before I cold de-authorize, I called Avid and had them do it. I then installed on my Macbook Pro temporarily but I received my iMac back today, de-authorized the Macbook, and re-installed on my iMac. But I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem but I thought I should mention it. Any help would so greatly be appreciated.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Symphony stuck on Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager.
on Oct 16, 2012 at 12:26:59 pm

If you are connected to an Ethernet network, disconnect before launching the app.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 16, 2012 at 4:48:06 pm

What John said. Mine hangs until I turn off my Airport. Then it launches. Then I turn back on my airport.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 16, 2012 at 1:23:22 pm

do you have an external drive plugged in? If so, unplug it then launch the program.

Glenn

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:01:15 pm

Ok, shutting down my external worked. I'm able to start Symphony but now I'm getting an error that says, "Exception: A serious error has occurred! It is recommended that you immediately save your work and restart your system," which I have.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:46:28 pm

I should note that the media is linked to AMA. Shot on 5D.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:59:03 pm

Ok, I deactivated on my iMac because of the error messages and re-activated Symphony on my Macbook Pro and the project opens and works fine. Very weird. Must be a computer problem? It will be slow going on a Macbook Pro but at this point it's better than nothing.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
on Oct 20, 2012 at 6:55:37 pm

Last time I experienced that issue it was because a client had put a cd in the computer. The cd contsined a / in the name or on the disc.
Check if you have any drives with some "forbidden" letters on it.

Cheers

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Assisting Editor
Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.5.3/6.0.1.1
Mac OS 10.6.8| Mac OS 10.7.4

Return to posts index

Nikki Davis
on May 21, 2015 at 2:48:28 pm

That was it! A cd. Avid reeeally doesn't like those backslashes, huh?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]