FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Foreign compression type" error when consolidating already transcoded 5D markii clips in MC 5.0.4

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Ravich
"Foreign compression type" error when consolidating already transcoded 5D markii clips in MC 5.0.4
on Oct 15, 2012 at 2:51:57 pm

Folks-
Running Media Composer ver 5.0.4, OS 10.6, Dual Quad Core Xeon Mac Pro.
Weird error haven't had before.
Here's the story.
Looking for quick way to bring in 5D markii original footage (1080 29.97p) into MC and start assembling/exporting.
So transcoded original clips in MPEG Streamclip (I know probably not the best app, but looking for speed over quality at the moment) into Avid DNxHD codec.
Then brought those clips into 1080 29.97 MC project via AMA. All clips are recognized in bin as "DNxHD 220x (HD 1080i)" - tho odd that Avid reads these as interlaced. Probably my mistake in original MPEG SC transcode.
Then tried to consolidate those clips.
Funny thing, out of about 150 clips, a third wouldn't consolidate. Avid said there was a "foreign compression type."
Checked the DNxHD transcoded clips that didn't get consolidated and they don't seem to be any different than the ones that did consolidate.
Any ideas as to why some and not others?
Again, looking to turn around an assembly and export quickly for this. But also want to figure out 5D/MC workflow for future.
Let me know, Nick.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]