FORUMS: list search recent posts

r3d raw question for avid mc6 workflow

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Sacharoff
r3d raw question for avid mc6 workflow
on Oct 14, 2012 at 3:22:06 am

Creative Cow,

Please advise. I am editing a 42 min tv pilot in mixed formats. most of the footage is in r3d raw. know I know how to link to the AMA volume and then transcode to DNxHD 36 to make the editing easier and then res up later, however, in order to organize my project, I would need to change the name of the clips from the random number file name to SCENE:SHOT: TAKE etc. I was told you should never change the r3d file name because then it won't be able to link up later when I go to the online. Is this true?

The other thing is that all the audio was recorded externally, so when I sync it up in AVID, I will be creating a subclip which I will be using in my sequence. Will this affect how I re-link later to the r3d raw AMA volume?

Totally Confused.

thanks guys

j

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: r3d raw question for avid mc6 workflow
on Oct 14, 2012 at 6:27:01 am

The Clip name is not used for relinking later. You can rename the clip at will. The Source File name will be stored in the Source File column.
Since you are syncing up with sound, and you will thereby create sync clips, you may just as well rename those, while having the master clips retain their name. But it is not required.

The AutoSynced clips will not make relinking later any different.

Return to posts index

Jason Sacharoff
on Oct 15, 2012 at 3:56:42 am

does it matter if I do this via AMA or can I just transcode the files in red cine x?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Oct 15, 2012 at 6:01:18 am

AMA-linking and transcoding will generate a Source File name, RedCine-X will generate a Tape Name. Used to be that you could not cross-link between these two methods, but that may have changed in v6.

Return to posts index

Jason Sacharoff
on Oct 15, 2012 at 4:24:28 pm

ok i figured out the workflow for the red. however I am also editing footage in the same sequence that was shot on af100 23.978 1920x1080. I assume I will have to downgrade the red footage in order to output the sequence in the final output @ 1920x1080. does it even make sense to relink to the full res RED footage?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Oct 15, 2012 at 5:04:14 pm

Avid will work at 1920x1080 max. anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]