FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wacom Intuos 5 and 4 Timeline Shrinks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Cross
Wacom Intuos 5 and 4 Timeline Shrinks
on Oct 10, 2012 at 2:19:45 pm

Hi, this is my first post, as i couldn't find out any info from anywhere.

I work in Offline technical support at a post production house and we've had a few issues with the Wacom Intuos 4 and 5 tablets working with Avid.
Basically what happens, the editor will be working on his project on a dual screen set-up, with his timeline window on the right screen. The timeline window will then shrink and go up to the top left of the left screen. This happens at random times , between every 5 to 15 minutes.
This has happened with two editors in two different suites, both were on mac crates working on 10.7.4 OS, one had the Intuos 4 working on Avid Symphony 6.0.3 and the other is working with the Intuos 5 and Avid Media Composer 6.0.3.

The editor that has Intuos 5 on AVid MC 6.0.3 has only just started today and will be with us for another three or four months, so we'd like to get this sorted as soon as possible, so that he can use his tablet, or we're have to sort out another solution.

He had already installed driver 6.3.3, which didn't work, so i installed 6.3.4, which also didn't work and the problem persisted straight away, i've talen his tablet out of the suite and to test it on another system, to see if the problem still occurs. The editor did also say that he had this issue before when working on macs but never when plugged into a PC.

We in Offline support all work with Bamboo tablets and never had any of these problems, with Avid or any other program

I've phoned the Wacom guys, and they're going to do some testing, but would really love to know if anyone else has had this problem and if they managed to solve it.

Cheers

Simon

Return to posts index

Chris Holmes
Re: Wacom Intuos 5 and 4 Timeline Shrinks
on Oct 10, 2012 at 3:17:28 pm

I had the same problem when I first started using MC 6.0 with a Wacom Intuos 4. However I don't recall changing anything inorder to get the problem to go away.

In fact I think it happened only when I was cutting on my old MBP with a Graphire tablet, and not at all on my iMac.

I'm now on MC 6.0.3, OS 10.7.5 and I haven't had it happen in ages.

Sorry I don't have an answer to how it was solved. knock on wood.

Return to posts index

Simon Cross
on Oct 10, 2012 at 4:02:03 pm

Cheers for that Chris, i would try upgrading to 10.7.5, but we have Avid Isis, and 10.7.5 isn't qualified by Avid.

Its good to know that someone else has had this problem though.

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Oct 11, 2012 at 2:35:48 am

This is not an issue related to the Intuos tablets. This is a bug seen from 6.0 and is still in 6.5 also. I don't know all the parameters that cause the issue, but generally I find I can usually avoid it by making sure that none of my Avid elements (timeline, bins, etc) are reaching the extreme bottom of either monitor. Make sure that all your Avid stuff is sitting a few pixels ABOVE the bottom edge, not touching the bottom. Also, save your workspace and bin layouts. If it happens, just invoke those saved layouts to correct.

Return to posts index

Simon Cross
on Oct 12, 2012 at 11:28:34 am

Cheers for that David, the editor tried this the other day, moving his windows up from the bottom and resizing them, and we haven't heard back from him yet, so i think this must of sorted the problem, he also has his window layout saved too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]