FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grouping

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
Grouping
on Oct 9, 2012 at 7:54:52 pm

Something Ive never gotten a concrete answer...

Grouping NDF and DF. Currently grouping some 5D 23.98 ndf footage and Ex1 29.97 df stuff. Ive tried putting a ; in the start time, changing it to df in sequence report, but Im having no luck when trying to multigroup. I dont modify the 23.98 tc, that will screw up online right? Also, i transcoded 23.98 in 23.98 project and brought bins in, so no issues there. All tapeless, grouping with aux tc.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Grouping
on Oct 9, 2012 at 9:04:18 pm

I don't believe you can group clips of different frame rates. You would have to transcode clips not matching the project/timeline rate beforehand, but then you lose all reference to original clips according to the very wordy warning when doing so. A workaround might be to duplicate START timecode of the 29.97 clips into the TC30 column so the original timcode count remains. Do the same for TAPE (is source ID is in TAPE) and duplicate column to Labroll or Camroll so you have it for an EDL if needed.

It would be great to be able to track original source timecode when in different project rate (as it did in v5.5) - but all that changed with v6...

Michael

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Oct 10, 2012 at 3:08:40 pm

Thanks Michael,

I was looking for confirmation that you couldn't group diff rates. I'll have to bear the bad news that all the 23.98 that was shot isn't going to group with the 29.97 footage.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 10, 2012 at 4:36:41 pm

Other than the suggested workarounds... if you have your original media transcoded to the same resolution (or equivalent), then you could just make that your new master file, if you consider the frame rate conversion to be of good enough quality.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]