FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reality TV editing rate

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Izzy Tamang
Reality TV editing rate
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:08:11 am

Hello,
I have been editing for over 7 years as a freelancer. I will be editing a reality tv show and was wondering how much should I charge per week. I'll probably be editing on AVID. I am thinking around $2500 or $3500?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Reality TV editing rate
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:10:53 am

Where? LA? NY? Virginia?

For what network?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Izzy Tamang
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:29:33 am

For cable (independent) for now. Shooting Locations based from Louisiana and LA but the post production gig will be in SF/LA where ever convenient for me and the filming crew.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:48:50 am

So, no specific network? Syndication? Depends on the budget. They range in the area you specify. So you need to ask them what the budget can allow. Also based on your experience cutting for TV and for reality.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Izzy Tamang
on Oct 9, 2012 at 6:36:50 am

Sorry, I am not been given that information as we will be discussing further. I am just requested a rate/quote to put on the paper.

I am more of a narrative feature editor and music video editor (trailers, sizzles etc...that sorta thing but heading mainly towards features)
I am pretty good with cutting things to present real time, "in the moment" or create to look like one, so that rolls over to the reality show anyways. But it will depend on the DP/camera men coverage and etc...

As of now, I am putting down $ 2800 per week and am pretty sure that is on the low end side of the things, but its just a start.

Thanks though

Return to posts index

Izzy Tamang
on Oct 9, 2012 at 7:53:41 am

Just of the bat, what would a TV editor weekly rate be in LA and in SF?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 9, 2012 at 11:10:02 am

Union or non-union?

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:47:50 pm

$3000 is a good starting place...they might talk you down depending on the budget, and your experience. You have a lot of experience, but not in reality. Rates usually go down in areas you don't have experience in, as it takes you slightly longer to do what is needed, or you need to address notes more. Once you get experienced and can be left alone to your own devices, then you can charge more.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Izzy Tamang
on Oct 9, 2012 at 5:32:45 pm

Its non union.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]