FORUMS: list search recent posts

An AVID to BD and DVD question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
An AVID to BD and DVD question
on Oct 8, 2012 at 9:01:12 am

Hi Guys

I realise this question might be better placed on the Encore page, but Ive had no replay from there so hope one of you can help.

My issue is this.

When I make an HD seq (from HDV footage) in AVID MC6, and wish to make Blu Ray AND DVD in Adobe Encore, Im having to make 2 encore projects when i really only want to make 1.
This is because I have to make a mixdown (to create non long GOP) and then export as a qt ref into sor squeeze to make a bd compliant file then on to encore to make firsly an ISO, then discs.
All fine.
But to get round horrible field order issues when i use sor sq to make a dvd, i have to do an sd seq mixdown in AVID , the a qt ref to encore as a new project.

Am i missing a trick??
I cant live with field order issues on camera movement, but my process seems Im convinced too hard.

Is there not a way i can have Encore make BD and DVD from the SAME HG BD compliant file from sor sq, but not have it suffer the tearing / flickering on horizontal moves. Id love to merely change the output settings on my authored project and have it all be sweet.

Sorry for the long explanation, but its as edited as i could and still explain??

NB If anyone knows the location of any online tutorials that address this specific issue of making BD AND DVD from same seq in encore, Id love to watch it.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Peter
Dubbing mixer who dabbles in a video world occasionally.

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]