FORUMS: list search recent posts

Half screen title bar error/problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Schneider
Half screen title bar error/problem
on Oct 5, 2012 at 3:51:46 am

So when I'm working in Media Composer 6.0.0, at random times the program just seems to crash and shows a gray screen with a title bar halfway down the screen horizontally with what looks like the main title bar of the window. See screenshot for example.

http://s12.postimage.org/vuz1c0hkr/avid_error.png

When I click the X, it prompts with "Leave Application?" and then seems to save and then close. However, this happens almost every time within about 10 minutes of Media Composer being open and happens regardless of what I'm doing. It's done this when tryign to transcode, when moving bins, when scrubbing through the timeline- everything. Does anyone know what would cause this? I've run it on this computer before and haven't had this problem. I've recently done a fresh install Windows 7 and then installed this, and my computer's specs haven't changed. It's an i7 930 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, with Nvidia GTX 465. I also have a dual screen setup, but was using only one monitor.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Half screen title bar error/problem
on Oct 5, 2012 at 7:10:05 am

Never seen that before. But 6.0.0 was full of bugs. Download 6.0.3 (free) and uninstall the old, install the new. Hopefully that will go away.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]