FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conform from Selects in Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Pence
Conform from Selects in Media Composer
on Oct 2, 2012 at 9:32:11 pm

Forgive me if this is something I should know... I'm for all intents and purposes an offline editor.

I've been cutting Red in MC 6.0.1, AMA'd to DNxHD 36. No problem. I'm going to send the R3D files to a telecine with an EDL for a selects Resolve or Baselight session, they can give me back basically whatever I want. Usually I get back DPX selects with one second handles and give those to a Smoke and everything is happy scrappy.

BUT on this job, I need to conform in Media Composer 6.0.1 for Mac, and I don't have the luxury of time to do any eye matching. What files should I get back from telecine so that I can conform in Avid easily? How would I go about this process? I've heard good things about MC 6.5 and its relinking capabilities - is this something I should look into? I can get MXF from the colorist.

Thanks!

Nate

Return to posts index

Nate Pence
Re: Conform from Selects in Media Composer
on Oct 2, 2012 at 11:00:02 pm

Is it as easy as just getting an AAF from the colorist with the MXF? Have I been tearing my hair out for nothing?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Conform from Selects in Media Composer
on Oct 2, 2012 at 11:25:03 pm

They can just provide you with either an AAF or the media with the same filename as source and timecode. You will need 6.5 as the relink will work between Tape and Source File (AMA). If you get an AAF back, and it has all your VFX, layers and such, then you're all set. In that case, you don't need v6.5.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]