FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF files crashes my Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Buss
MXF files crashes my Avid
on Oct 2, 2012 at 8:27:36 pm

Recently received some files that are DNxHD100 with a MXF wrapper shot on Thompson LDK8000 elite cameras. Every time I try to link to AMA files my Avid crashes. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, did you find a solution?? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
Re: MXF files crashes my Avid
on Oct 28, 2012 at 10:55:05 am

Hi David
I know it is a late response.
If the DNx is already in a mxf wrapper, then you don't need to AMA link to it, just put the files in your avid Mediafiles/mxf/whatever numbers is available, and then import the .mdb or ale you probably got.

Cheers

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Assisting Editor
Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.5.3/6.0.1.1
Mac OS 10.6.8| Mac OS 10.7.4

Return to posts index

chris king
Re: MXF files crashes my Avid
on May 20, 2016 at 3:38:55 am

Old post but have something to share here. Although Avid claims that Media Composer after 1.5 support MXF importing, when using MXF videos in Avid Media Composer, users always meet unexpected problems, as .mxf format is efficient, but simply isn't engineered for complex post production effects processing. One of the common solutions is linking to the H.264 MXF files via AMA, then transcode in Media Composer. But incompatibility still exists among different camcorder manufactures. We'd like to find something can work with all MXF files.

What we've found is that DNxHD format delivers both efficiency and quality without compromises. So, before getting MXF files into Avid Media Composer, you'd better convert MXF to DNxHD MOV first. This format will allow you to drop your MXF files directly into Media Composer without rendering.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]