FORUMS: list search recent posts

EXCEPTION: CANNOT ACCESS THE AMA MEDIA STREAM PLUG-IN TO PLAY THIS CLIP--AMA Linking to C300 Footage Problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Katz
EXCEPTION: CANNOT ACCESS THE AMA MEDIA STREAM PLUG-IN TO PLAY THIS CLIP--AMA Linking to C300 Footage Problem
on Sep 30, 2012 at 8:57:07 pm

I am currently working a job as an assistant editor on MC6. I am in the process of making the switch to Avid from FCP 7 and I have a problem-- I am a little new to Avid so bare with me please.

Yesterday I was on a shoot and the DP was using a Canon C300 and was shooting at 23.98. When I downloaded the footage at the end of the day I just took the folder structure from the card starting at "contents" and put it in another folder with the date and the name of our interviewee. Today I was trying to bring the footage into Avid.

I downloaded the XF utility from Canon. I opened my project in Avid MC 6.0.1. I created a bin and began to link the AMA volume. An error came up: saying it couldn't link to the volume. I read up online and double checked everything up to that point. I put the plug- in into AVX2_Plug-ins_AMA folder. I went back and changed the folder structure of the Raw footage changing the first folder into a numerical read out of the date....this WORKED TO AN EXTENT-- It could link the volumes in a bin: bring in the file name, the duration, etc. But when I tried to play the footage in Avid it said Media offline and gave me this error: EXCEPTION: CANNOT ACCESS THE AMA MEDIA STREAM PLUG-IN TO PLAY THIS CLIP."

I googled it and the most common response was to re-install the plug-ins and restart the Avid project. I did and the same problem happened. I tried copying the plug ins and putting them not only in the plug-ins folder located in the library of the computer, but also in the applications folder (Applications/Avid Media Composer/ Supporting Files/ AVX_Plug-ins.) After I did this the first error I encountered happened again and the footage wouldn't even link into the bin with media online or not.

The plug-ins I have are: MSP_MXF, MVP_CanonXF, MVP_CanonXF64, and MVP_MSP_Quicktime.
The computer I am working on is an imac desktop from 2011 with a 3.1 GHz intel core i5, 8 GB of Memory, 1333 MHz DDR3
Operating System: OS X Lion 10.7.4

I have hit a brick wall and appreciate any possible help you can give me. I have until the end of Monday to figure this out, my boss comes back on Tuesday and will definitely want to see the dailies. Any help is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: EXCEPTION: CANNOT ACCESS THE AMA MEDIA STREAM PLUG-IN TO PLAY THIS CLIP--AMA Linking to C300 Footage Problem
on Sep 30, 2012 at 11:07:31 pm

I know that more than just the Canon XF plugin is needed. So what we did was just install EVERY AMA plugin out there.

But you did get the footage in, it's just that you have this error. Never seen this error. I suggest installing ALL the AMA plugins to make sure it works.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]