FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pull List with Shoot Date to conform

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alberto Bernad
Pull List with Shoot Date to conform
on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:02:24 pm

Hello everyone,

We'll lock the picture next week that means that I'll start to pull quicktimes, EDL´s, AAF, etc.. But all my questions are about the Pull list.
I would like to include the Shoot Date to make the conform more easy so they don´t need to load all the footage. Could it be possible? If the answer is yes, I would like to know how, because I´ve tried to copy the shoot date bin column to other column (ex: comments) but does not work. Should I deliver a Pull List and EDL, where the EDL has the shoot date details?

I hope you can help me guys!

Avid Media composer v6.0.1
Shot with: Alexa and 35mm

Thanks,

__
Alberto.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Pull List with Shoot Date to conform
on Sep 27, 2012 at 5:36:09 pm

Does the Pull List need to be any predefined format? EDL comments doesn't use comments from a bin column but from the comments on a per segment basis in the timeline.

I use the XML export from FilmScribe (or TAB) that will include a shoot date if the column is there and has a variety of pull lists that can be generated.

If you're not familiar with FilmScribe, then put the sequence or a copy of the sequence in a bin on its own. Create a bin view with the columns you want to track as part of the list, go to bin menu (hamburger in bottom left corner) and select "set bin display". Check only master clips to show and "show reference clips. Once you click OK, those are the clips used in your sequence. Sort as needed. Select all clips and export bin as TAB file for use in Excel, FileMaker Pro etc, as needed.

Michael

Return to posts index

alberto Bernad
Re: Pull List with Shoot Date to conform
on Oct 2, 2012 at 9:05:42 am

Hi Michael.

Finally I could add the Shoot Date to the Pull List using FilmScribe.
I created a new Bin with one sequence. I used "show reference clips" and then I customized the Bin with the columns I needed.
Then I realized that I could not change the columns TAPE and Source File, so I had to replace all subclips by masterclips in the sequence using match frame. Why? Because, in FilmScribe, I wanted to show the master clip name.
Then, once in the FilmScribe, I added the Custom Bin Column: "Shoot Date" and tachaaaannnn; Done! I had all details I needed.
I don´t know if this is the way but now I will check it with the post house who is doing the conform.
If don´t, I will use the TAB file you mentioned.

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]