FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prebuilt Custom Wipes and Transitions

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan McLaughlin
Prebuilt Custom Wipes and Transitions
on Sep 27, 2012 at 2:41:19 pm

I'm at a design and animation company (AE, C4D, Maya) and we're working on a project for a client that edits primarily in AVID.

We want to create a toolkit of customized footage-to-footage transitions in which the first image is sliced into horizontal bars that move out of frame (footage tracking within each bar slice) revealing the second image underneath. The bars should move with an ease so you can feel them accelerating.

My team knows how to do this within After Effects, but is it possible to create this type of transition within AVID and have it as a pre-set? I'm not sure if it would require specialized scripting, if it can be done in the Media Composer, or if I should be looking for something else.

I'm not very familiar with the capabilities of the AVID and my googling has not turned up the answer yet. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

- Ryan

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
Re: Prebuilt Custom Wipes and Transitions
on Sep 28, 2012 at 1:12:50 pm

You might not be able to do this in avid specifically, but I know that some versions (6 at least) came bundled with a third party app from Boris. They are calling avid fx. Bu I believe it is also known as Boris red. In this program. Which is similar to after effects. You can create custom transitions and composites an the have them live in avids effects palette

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]