FORUMS: list search recent posts

sound missing

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
klaus rodahl
sound missing
on Sep 27, 2012 at 11:11:19 am

Hi, quite new to avid and have this issue:

Footage is 5D so sound is separate: I've synced the clips in avid, but seemed to have used the AMA choice for the 5D material and avid import for external sound. I've then made an edit from my synced footage.

Now, when i open the project on a different computer i relink the 5D footage and that works but the external sound is offline, and will not be relinked/linked. So my problem is this - i've want to replace the sound missing in the timeline for the sound that i know where is (i know where both the original sound and the mxf is but neither will make the sound in my timeline work) without having to resync the sound (a looong soundtake so bit of a job) Not sure if i managed to explain my problem...Anyone?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: sound missing
on Sep 27, 2012 at 12:03:12 pm

When you moved the assets to the other computer, did you also copy the Avid MediaFiles/MXF folders and put that folder at the root of the new drive? If not, your audio media will not be recognized by MC.

Michael

Return to posts index

klaus rodahl
on Sep 27, 2012 at 12:08:15 pm

The media is on an external harddrive - so it should read, but on my work computer there are several drives with avid mediafiles folder on them. So what i did (reading another forum) was renaming other (none related) folders with an "x" in front, and then relink to ama files - and this time it worked...not sure if that is the best way, but at least it worked - and i need to find a way to move projects between work and home...

Return to posts index

klaus rodahl
on Sep 28, 2012 at 10:11:17 am

ah that's probably the issue - thanks:)

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Sep 27, 2012 at 2:08:47 pm

Is the audio file in the same folder you re-synched with your project? If not, you may have choose the individual files.....maybe....I don't use Avid.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite