FORUMS: list search recent posts

New MacBook Pro

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Taylor
New MacBook Pro
on Sep 24, 2012 at 10:11:07 pm

Hi,

I have just received my new MacBook Pro Retina model and about to migrate all my apps to it. This includes FCP 7, Adobe CS 5 Production Premium e.g. I do have my own Media Composer which I bought last year and did not install it on my old Macbook Pro.

Does anyone know if there are conflicts with MC 5 and the new Macbook Pro retina model? (using Mountain Lion OS 10.8 of course)

If so, would I be better in upgrading to MC 6.5?

Or do I have to create a dual boot drive, with OS 10.7, and OS 10.8?

Thanks
M

ps: My present MacBook Pro is a 2008, 2.4Ghz 4GB Ram, running 10.7.4

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: New MacBook Pro
on Sep 24, 2012 at 10:13:40 pm

Mountain Lion is not a certified OS for MC5. I doubt this would work OK, but you might get away with it.

Return to posts index

Marcus Taylor
on Sep 24, 2012 at 10:16:32 pm

Is this a situation where I should create another bootable partition on my new Macbook Pro so I can use OS 10.7 with MC 5? (rather than 10.8)

I'm assuming that MC 5 runs well on 10.7.4? on a Macbook pro?

M

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 24, 2012 at 11:22:58 pm

MC 5 isn't certified for Lion (10.7) either. Only MC 6 and 6.5 are. MC5 needs Leopard, or Snow Leopard if you have 5.5 or one of the other dot.releases that makes it work with that OS.

And the thing about Apple computers, is that they make the firmware in them so that you cannot install older OS's on them. You can't go earlier than Lion on the new MBPs. One big reason is that they have USB3 ports, and only later Lion OS's support that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Sep 25, 2012 at 3:24:36 am

For what it's worth, I have a friend with a new (non-retina) macbook pro running Mountain Lion and MC 5.5.3. Although it's not "qualified" it does work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]