FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C300 avid relinking

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Kaczorowski
Canon C300 avid relinking
on Sep 20, 2012 at 7:21:43 pm

I am trying to bring in canon c300 footage into Avid and having some issues. My normal file base workflow is as follows. Link to AMA Volume. Transcode clips to 35:1 and relink master clips to 35:1 media. Edit with the 35:1 linked master clips and then relink finished cut back to AMA and transcode to DNxHD 175. This workflow has worked mostly flawlessly on 5d footage and started working fine with c300, but i'm running into issues.

I have noticed a few bays in my office are having issues that, once transcoded to 35:1, the video of the master clip will not relink to 35:1 media. and there is nothing I can do to make it link. The .new.01 transcode clip is there, I can see that they have identical TC, Dur., Source file but the master clip will not relink. Even when taking it into the other bay that does work it won't relink. If i re transcode it in that bay it works fine.... but I have to be able to transcode in multiple bays.

I'm running MC 5.5.3 on Mac OS 10.6 and have the most recent and up to date mxf and xf canon ama plugins on all machines. Any help?

Thenks,
Joe

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Canon C300 avid relinking
on Sep 21, 2012 at 7:18:27 pm

Is it something in the project type? Since 35:1 is an SD data rate... just thinking out loud. Make sure the project format is the same in all the rooms from the one that is working?

Michael

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Sep 22, 2012 at 6:19:58 am

Well, obviously make sure your not working in the wrong frame rate. I will assume you are...

I am currently working on a c300 show, and have had some relinking issues due to clip length. Do you have any clips that exceed 45 mins in length? Due to the long GOP, for some reason when a clip goes over around 45 minutes, Avid 5.5 no longer wants to see it as a single clips, and I had to find my own workaround for that. I can elaborate if so...but are any of your clips relinking? Try checking the "version separator" in the relink window and making the value 0.

Return to posts index

Colin Richards
on Sep 24, 2012 at 11:06:17 pm

I've got a project with a number of shots that are longer than 45 minutes. I too am on Avid 5.5.3 (Mac) and am working with AMA and multicam. Any advice for getting around the relinking issue you were referring to?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]