FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio 2 has problem playing back 1080p/23.976 footage to flat panel via HDMI on MC6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Knick Tran
Decklink Studio 2 has problem playing back 1080p/23.976 footage to flat panel via HDMI on MC6
on Sep 20, 2012 at 4:42:10 am

So I've been searching everywhere, and even contacted BMD Tech, and have yet to find an explanation, let alone an answer. So I'm thinking I should approach it this way.

Can someone who's on Media Composer or Symphony 6 and using a Decklink card w/ HDMI monitoring do this simple test for me. I'm assuming you have a flat panel hooked up to the HDMI port on the card. Here we go:

1. Open up a 1080p/23.976 Avid project.
2. AMA or import 1080p/23.976 footage.
3. Be sure in the BMD Control Panel to select "Output HD 23.98p as HD 59.94i" (Otherwise you won't see anything on the flat panel)
4. Now play a long clip or a sequence, along w/ audio (10sec or more should be sufficient)

Do you get an error message? Does audio drop in and out? Does playback on the flat panel or Source/Record monitor stutter?

Can you please share your results? I'll be posting this in other relevant forums so please excuse the double post.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Decklink Studio 2 has problem playing back 1080p/23.976 footage to flat panel via HDMI on MC6
on Sep 21, 2012 at 7:16:33 pm

Some panels do take 23.976 but they don't like the PsF nature of the signal. Is there a checkbox somewhere to make it straight "P" instead? The DX hardware finally added that support with last few versions of MC software.

Also, I don't know for sure whether this falls into the "universal mastering" feature set of Symphony or not where 59.94 might be considered one of those rates. Are you on MC or Symphony when you see the issue?

I don't have the same set-up so I can't test to be sure.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]