FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA and Duplicate clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raivan Hall
AMA and Duplicate clips
on Sep 14, 2012 at 8:42:03 pm

Hi Everyone-

FYI- I'm using Avid Media Composer v.6.0.1.1. The original media I'm editing with is Pro Res, which I bring into Avid via AMA and transcode to a 14:1 SD resolution. Once my edit is finished I relink to the original AMA clips and everything is lovely. HOWEVER, if I have two or more clips of the exact same length they'll show up in my source/record monitor as the exact same footage (like a duplicate clip) even though they're actually different pieces of footage. I've found that for clips that have a unique total run time- there is no issue. It's ONLY the clips that have identical run time lengths (lets say 20 seconds) that will show up in my source/record monitor as the same clip. When I mount my original media drive and relink the the clips that have the same TRT- its only then that those clips will display in the source/record monitor as the unique pieces of footage they actually are. What's going on here? Has anyone come across this issue? FYI- I am assigning a tape name to these clips to help Avid locate them. Any and all insight is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]