FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC6 AMA problems with Apple Prores

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas Johnson
MC6 AMA problems with Apple Prores
on Sep 14, 2012 at 3:44:41 pm

Hello,

We just finished doing a large show where we recorded all the camera ISOs onto AJA KiPros at quicktime Apple Prores 422 720/60 with 8 channels of audio at Linear PCM 24bit 48hz

We have transferred the folders onto an Isis external storage system connected to our Avid Macs running Lion 10.7.3 and Avid Symphony 6.0.1

When we try to connect to the AJA folders via the AMA option, the clips will load into a bin, but when ever we click on them (right click to load into the preview monitor) we get the spinning ball for a several long seconds. Then the clip will load or the right click menu will appear. But as soon as we try to play or transcode we get the spinning ball followed by an error which reads 'Serious error as occurred. Immediately save your project and relaunch system' (or something very similar I forgot to write down the exact words)

The AJA quicktime files are very large, about 100+ gigs and run time around one hour per clip.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and what they suggest the work around is?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: MC6 AMA problems with Apple Prores
on Sep 14, 2012 at 4:25:32 pm

I had a problem - same issue, I selected one file at a time to load or transcode and found some of the files were corrupt. Everything worked fine on non-corrupted files. Sounds like this may not be your issue but maybe worth looking at.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]