FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need HELP setting up 3 monitors on mid 2010 Mac Pro with 2 ATI Radeon 5770's and AVID MC6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Parker Fawson, Jr
Need HELP setting up 3 monitors on mid 2010 Mac Pro with 2 ATI Radeon 5770's and AVID MC6
on Sep 13, 2012 at 1:49:14 pm

Hello,

I have a mid 2010 Mac Pro with two ATI Radeon 5770 video cards, currently running two 24" monitors. I am trying to set it up so that I can have a large viewing monitor for clients to view & for me to have a larger image to work with when color correcting and mastering. Just curious how I need to set that up on both the mac side (Mt. Lion OSX), and the AVID side (MC6). I have used this setup in the past on several workstations I've used for other clients, and I know this is possible if I spend the money for an AJA or Black Magic card, but I would like to know if it is possible to do the same thing with my current setup and video cards. Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Parker

Parker's System Profile:

- 2010 Mac PRO (8-Core)
- 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
- 32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
- 2 x ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
- OS X 10.8.1

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: setting up 3 monitors on mid 2010 Mac Pro with 2 ATI Radeon 5770's and AVID MC6
on Sep 13, 2012 at 2:03:03 pm

Even if you get it to work (and it should) - be aware that MC6 on mac does not yet support vertical sync or expanded luminance range for computers monitors. This means your full screen image will be a far cry away from what an aja/etc device can output, in terms of quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]