FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grouping Tapeless DF and NDF

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
Grouping Tapeless DF and NDF
on Sep 10, 2012 at 9:08:15 pm

Since Avid 5.5 is incapable of grouping or autosequencing clips that are df and ndf, how do you go about doing it? Ive been burned at online before by modifying the timecode with modify/set dropon/drop (with xdcam disc), anyone have suggestions? I am grouping footage for offline edit with aux tc.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Grouping Tapeless DF and NDF
on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:51:40 pm

Not sure why you care. Are you trying to lay them to tape before re-ingesting and then editing?

As long as you timeline is set to the correct type (DF or NDF depending on your delivery requirements)
you are fine to mix and match sources that you use in the sequence. Why bother grouping them...they are just sources.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Sep 12, 2012 at 5:40:27 am

I am working with multi cam material, sometimes in the middle of the day they suddenly switch to shooting NDF. Don't know why, when I try to auto sequence some of the cameras that are like this, it does not allow auto sequencing with NDF and DF clips together. So, for making a sync map this turns into a huge pain.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Sep 12, 2012 at 2:48:53 pm

Can you autosequence the DF and NDF material separately, and then combine them after the fact? It's a pain in the arse, but just a suggestion.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Sep 12, 2012 at 10:00:36 pm

Yeah thats what I ended up doing, its a pain because there willl randomly be 1-2 clips I miss an have to go back through.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]