FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imported files in bin giving error

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Bailey
Imported files in bin giving error
on Sep 6, 2012 at 8:22:13 pm

I was working on a project when I had moved my computer and accidentally disconnected the cable to my external HD. Immediately Avid noticed and gave me the dreaded "serious error has occured" line.

Having been thru this before, I cleared the monitors, and opened all my bins to try and relink everything. It just so happened that only one file that was providing two clips I was using in my project was the only one to go RED showing offline media. I couldn't play my project until I removed the two clips that were offline. Now I can play the project.

The AMA files in this particular bin play fine but NONE of my imported footage. Only in this particular bin. I don't have a problem with any other bin or any of the contained footage in any other bin.

I have tried the 'relink' option but nothing has proved successful.

I did re-import the file that I was using and now I can use it again; but do I need to re-import all these files or does anyone else know of a way I can relink them??

EDIT - Just tried opening some older projects and there are more offline media files than only the project and bin in my most recent project. Someone help please... why can't things just work?
---------
Early '11 Macbook Pro 2.7 GhZ i7 + 16Gb RAM
---------
Avid Media Composer Dreamer
Final Cut Learner
Maya Novice
---------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]