FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid EDL

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Dobson
Avid EDL
on Sep 5, 2012 at 9:56:55 am

Hi there,

I am having a nightmare trying to get Avid to give me an EDL with every single cut in it.

It seems to currently be skipping cuts when there is the same clip on either side of the edit point. i.e. jump cuts in a clip.

Has anyone had this problem / any tips for edl settings to include all cuts no matter what the clip is either side of the edit.

The Edits it makes are in the correct place, just not getting all of them across and need them for davinci.

Cheers,

Jon

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid EDL
on Sep 5, 2012 at 12:15:37 pm

Have you tried AAF into Resolve? If there is no "=" equal sign on the cut between the two events, then it is two events. If they are continuous and only have a cut added, then EDL Manager might be optimizing the list to show as one long clip. Is that what is happening?

Michael

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Sep 5, 2012 at 9:35:54 pm

Well, i suspect you razored a mixdown or ingested long clip.
Not that i have an instant cure, but you could duplicate the source clip, give it a different reel name and overlay it on the original and make a checkerbord edit.

(my ReCut application does something likr this way reversed, to feed avid an EDL to razor a single clip without EDL manager cleaning all cuts that are match frames)

Or, apply an (any) effect checkerboarded (as Michael stated, anything to avoid the '=' (match frame) indication.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Jon Dobson
on Sep 7, 2012 at 2:20:44 pm

Thanks for the responses.

Tried aaf export first, but the project I have been given is full of 'corrupt' clips that won't transcode, and every shot is AMA'd.

In the end I just exported an EDL that had the majority of cuts in it and razored the rest afterwards. Didn't have time to sort it properly. Avid and AMA really is a feature that is riddled with bugs and has been causing problems on this project for months. (mainly clips dropping offline randomly...Difficult to sort out when you have 4TB worth of rushes for a 50min programme.)

Anyway, sorted the old fashioned way!

Cheers,

Jon

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 7, 2012 at 8:02:36 pm

I agree that AMA is a work in progress for all workflows, but as an FYI, you can create AAF from AMA linked media by checking "edit protocol" on the AAF export settings.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jon Dobson
on Sep 8, 2012 at 11:04:48 am

Yer I am aware of the Avid Edit Protocol, but unfortunately due to the sheer volume of media we wouldn't have been able to take that through to the online (plus the constant problems we've been having with Avid AMA...)

Therefore we had to try and transcode/consolidate the media down so we could work on a fresh project with Avid DNXHD media.

Cheers for the advice though, in another project that would have worked a treat!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]