FORUMS: list search recent posts

RELINK old project with new render

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Vasques Osorio
RELINK old project with new render
on Sep 4, 2012 at 5:42:17 pm

Hi,

Worked on a feature film early last year and now after film has been released production wants to go back and do the directors cut and more extra extra scenes......

My problem is that I still have the project but do not have the MXF's or PCM files. I have all the original material and this can be rerendered (low shooting ratio)

If I use the same settings for render and import will the project relink to the newly created material from old tape names..... Worklow = render to DNXHD in Davinci Resolve.

How do I reimport and relink the sound files?

Marcus

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: RELINK old project with new render
on Sep 5, 2012 at 7:30:39 am

Yes this would work. Rerender in Resolve, bring the media into Avid, it should relink.

If you originally imported the sound from WAV files and you still have those, you may simply select the audio clips in their bins and choose Batch Import. You may need to point the Avid to where the first file lives, and it would detect all others in that folder.

For this reason I always keep copies of all media on bare SATA drives, even after the project is finished. Much cheaper to spend 100 bucks on a 2TB drive than to spend several days rerendering / importing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]