FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nesting An Audio Suite Plugin, to make a crossfade over top of it

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
Nesting An Audio Suite Plugin, to make a crossfade over top of it
on Aug 31, 2012 at 6:38:56 pm

Hi, Guys.

Posted this question over in the Avid forums, but haven't gotten a response for 2 days. Can't seem to figure something out. I want to apply an audio suite plugin to a few frames of audio (about 5 frames - to get rid of a distorted mic noise) and then I want to apply a longer crossfade over top of it. I know this is super easy in Final Cut, but doesn't seem so in Avid. I went online and saw people saying it wasn't possible, but those posts were dated about 5 or 6 years ago. I caught a hint from a few posts that it was possible in MC6 (God, I should hope so, in 2012). How do you nest the an audio plugin, so you can do a dissolve over top? Also, is it possible to apply multiple Audio Suite plugins to one clip? Thanks!

-Scott

Return to posts index

James Patterson
Re: Nesting An Audio Suite Plugin, to make a crossfade over top of it
on Sep 4, 2012 at 2:37:43 pm

Hi there,

Not sure why you're having problems adding a dissolve, if you've got a clip with an AS plugin on it you can add a dissolve (Maybe I'm missing something). As for multiple AS plugins on clips unfortunately you have to do an audio mixdown (In special on the toolbar) of the first effect then add the next to the new clip.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Ron Dylewski
on Sep 5, 2012 at 9:08:25 pm

Speaking of which, why does this limitation on nested AS plugins still exist? I can only assume it is some limitation deep in the code, but surely someone could have found a way around this in the what, last 10 years?

Sheesh!

Ron

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Sep 6, 2012 at 11:30:28 am

Agreed, tbh I've always thought the limitations were a way to promote a pro tools workflow.

The only other workaround would be to create a unique track for the clip where you can add multiple RTAS effects, not the most elegant of solutions and could get a bit out of hand if you had lots of clips to work on.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]